Friday 5 October 2012

Keeping up to date

Question          Do I need Tweets, Tocs and RSS in my non working life?

Answer            No. I am happy with how I source the information I want. These are 
                        extraneous to the way I live now.

Question          Do I need Tweets, Tocs and RSS to keep up to date at work?

 Answer           I used Zetoc and now etocs. Tweets and following library gurus, no.
                        I look at a couple of  websites regularly. RSS. The Library world does
                        not move that swiftly.
                        I receive two weekly emails tailored to my working environment
                      
                        http://www.info4local.gov.uk/
                        http://www.wired-gov.net/wg/wg-main-1.nsf    

                        Lismed is a useful source of live issues.


Question          Do I need to be aware of the potential of Tweets, Tocs and RSS in developing
                       a Library Service and the people who use it?

Answer            Yes. I have always included keeping up to date in the Library Induction. I will
                        incorporate this very helpful synopsis into future inductions.



                         

No comments:

Post a Comment